Re: Update package printer-driver-brlaser

Hello Alexey,

Debian already has brlaser in version 6; only in its sid/unstable version. It has already migrated to Debian Bullseye (current testing, future stable), but Debian doesn't normally push new upstream versions to Debian stable. Unless there's a specific reason (such as a crash, a serious bug, etc) to backport parts of the version 6 to stable, it won't happen.

What are you specifically looking for in version 6 that might be missing from version 4 ? Under certain conditions, it could make sense for Debian to provide a backport, but I try to avoid ulpoading backports "just because". Also, most recent network printers work (often much better) with Driverless printing; https://wiki.debian.org/CUPSDriverlessPrinting, making these Manufacturer-specific drivers obsolete.

Best regards,

OdyX