Re: Contact possibility for Odyx/Didier

Hello Didier,
On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 08:36:15AM +0100, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> On 01/12/2020 21:37, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > I daily mirror the cups git repository, but for quite some time no
> > changes appeard, however, some kind of message which I could not
> > figure out:
> > Your configuration specifies to merge with the ref
> > 'refs/heads/debian/master' from the remote, but no such ref was fetched.
> >
> > Today, I got an updated of cups (in stable) which, amongst others,
> > said:
> > * Refresh manpage translation pofiles for 2.3.3op1
> >
> > Did the CUPS git repository change? Where can I find the current
> > (unstable) place to maitain the man page translation, whenever the
> > need arises (the upstream text change)?
>
> That's my mistake; I switched the CUPS Debian repository to use "debian/main"
> as HEAD branch, instead of "debian/master":
>
> 	https://salsa.debian.org/printing-team/cups/-/tree/debian/main
>
> You should have the rights to commit/push to that branch right away.
>
> Sorry for not informing of this change around.

I apologize, I'm aware of the basics of git but somehow I cannot reach
that branch:
$ LC_ALL=C git checkout -b debian-master origin/debian/main
warning: refname 'origin/debian/main' is ambiguous.
warning: refname 'origin/debian/main' is ambiguous.
fatal: Ambiguous object name: 'origin/debian/main'.

$ LC_ALL=C git branch --set-upstream-to=origin/debian/main origin/debian/main
warning: refname 'origin/debian/main' is ambiguous.
fatal: Ambiguous object name: 'origin/debian/main'.

$ LC_ALL=C  git pull
There is no tracking information for the current branch.
Please specify which branch you want to merge with.
See git-pull(1) for details.

    git pull <remote> <branch>

If you wish to set tracking information for this branch you can do so with:

    git branch --set-upstream-to=origin/<branch> origin/debian/main

$ LC_ALL=C  git pull origin/debian/master debian-master
fatal: 'origin/debian/master' does not appear to be a git repository

and the repository exists.

Could you kindly point me to the right sequence of commands. Thanks,
much appreciated.

> As for why your email didn't pass our servers' antispam, I can't really tell,
> and I'm sorry. In case, don't hesitate to ping me on #debian-printing on IRC.

Maybe you could tell your spam filter to unblock my address? Anyhow, I
use this list in the future.

Greetings

             Helge