Re: IPP-over-USB

On 30/09/18 20:47, Brian Potkin wrote:
FTR in this thread; I submitted #909564:

Seems that this bug report is stuck, as there is no upstream maintainer currently. I wait for an answer about my patch for more than a year and the upstream maintainer did not answer, neither accept nor reject. The same time the patch is applied to Ubuntu's Avahi package and there are no complaints.

Either you succeed to convince the upstream maintainer to continue maintaining Avahi and accepting the patch or you fork Avahi to take upstream maintainership by yourself (or find someone within Debian). Avahi is a very important part of the OS, it needs to get upstream-maintained.