Need help to pull patches from CUPS upstream

Hi,

I would like to have the Debian/Ubuntu package of CUPS have the following bugs fixed:

https://github.com/apple/cups/issues/5090
cupsPrintQuality option in driverless PPDs does not work correctly

https://github.com/apple/cups/issues/5100
cupsd wakes up once per second to expire stale local queues (inefficient)

I want to do this by cherry-picking or in any form backporting the appropriate upstream changes on CUPS, but do not know how to do it correctly with GIT/git-dpm.

Here are the needed changes from the CUPS upstream GIT on GitHub:

https://github.com/apple/cups/issues/5090:
   40cc612
   d2123ae

https://github.com/apple/cups/issues/5100:
   123cfe0

Can you either create the appropriate patches on the unstable branch of the Debian CUPS package or tell me how to do it the right way? Thanks.