Re: Ghostscript 9.18 packaging

Quoting Jonas Smedegaard (2016-02-11 14:19:46)
> Quoting Damian Dimmich (2016-02-11 13:56:17)
> > So, following your advice I've added the variable in - this gets us
> > much of the way there, although still fails to build cups., and with
> > cups disabled, uses the wrong -llib_openjpeg which should be
> > -lopenjpeg in the .tr files, which I think are generated, so my
> > patch to these is a bit worthless as the changes get overwritten
> > during clean/build.
> >
> > I've tried fiddling with one of the older patches to get that to
> > change but to no avail.
> >
> > I'm officially stuck at the moment - might try and have another stab
> > at this next week!
> >
> > Have attached a patch of where I have gotten to though.
>
> I tried hack on it too a moment ago - will look into your patch and
> see where if I can get any further...

Compiles succesfully now!

Just need analysis if changes to symbols affect any of the users of
libgs, or we can safely release without bumping SONAME (as upstream
claim should always be safe with minor upstream releases, but we should
double-check that).

> > Thank you for all the help to date,
>
> Really excited about your helping out here - hope you are here to stay!
> :-)

What I mean is if you you will stay and help maintain ghostscript
package also after getting this release out the door.  If so, then
please do (create an Alioth account for yourself, enable SSH access for
it, request membership of our team, and) add yourself as uploader in
debian/control(.in,in).

...and don't hesitate to ask if any of those details is alien to you :-)

 - Jonas