Re: Adding latest Ubuntu changes to Debian CUPS GIT

Hi again Till,

Le lundi, 8 juin 2015, 15.51:43 Till Kamppeter a écrit :
> On 06/08/2015 01:14 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > Hmm. I'm not convinced by all your changes, let's see:
> >
> > - 4de7ecc adds unncessary noise to the ipp-everywhere patch: (…)
> > - 1b3ad91 introduces a patch lacking DEP-3 headers.

I have now pushed a massive change on the repository through adopting
the [DEP-14] proposal for the git branch names. I took this opportunity
to rewrite the debian/experimental branch with a selection and rewrite
of your patches. I have integrated the new upstream 2.0.3 into that
branch, rebased the Ipp-Everywhere patch (but had to disable it, as it
breaks tests) and uploaded 2.0.3-1 to experimental.

I suggest that you push any new changes on a new ubuntu/wily branch
(based on current debian/experimental), to enable my review before
integrating to the debian/* branches. This should avoid future history
rewrites. How does this sound to you?

> > - 0996f59 installs the ippserver binary in cups-client, but doesn't
> > explain _why_, and doesn't install the ippserver manpage. I'm far
> > from convinced that ippserver should be installed at all, and
> > especially not in cups-client. I'd probably make it live in its own
> > package.
>
> ippserver is an emulator of an IPP Everywhere server, it is for
> development. I added it to cups-client as the other, similar
> developent tools like ippfind and ipptool are there. I have nothing
> against putting it into a separate package. It seems to not have a
> man page.

ippserver does have a manpage in test/ippserver.man. What about creating
a new "cups-client-dev" package to put the ipptool tests, ipptool,
ippserver and ippfind binaries ?

> OK, so we must wait for the MIPS folks to come up for introducing CUPS
> 2.0.x into unstable, or perhaps skip straight to 2.1.x.

Well, I have pushed bugs to upstream once already, but that didn't work
out. I'll keep trying.

Cheers,

OdyX

[DEP-14] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep14/