Re: cups-browsed/systemd question

On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 16:39 +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> in the bug report cited below it is reported that systemd shutdown can
> hang on cups-browsed and a suggestion is made how to solve the problem
> by modifying the .service file.
>
> Before simply overtaking this change I want to ask more people with
> systemd experience, Tim, OdyX, what do you think? Is this the correct fix?

No, it's definitely not the correct fix, not least because cups-browsed
doesn't require avahi for normal operation depending on its
configuration. 'Wants' will allow avahi to be masked but still start
cups-browsed.

> Last I shut down my system, I saw a "waiting on stop job". The log shows:
>
> avahi-daemon[381]: Disconnected from D-Bus, exiting.
> avahi-daemon[381]: Got SIGTERM, quitting.
> topaz cupsd[380]: Unable to communicate with avahi-daemon: An unexpected
> D-Bus
> error occured
> systemd[1]: Stopped D-Bus System Message Bus.
>
> followed a minute and a half later with:
>
> systemd[1]: cups-browsed.service stop-sigterm timed out. Killing.
> systemd[1]: cups-browsed.service: main process exited, code=killed,
> status=9/KILL
> systemd[1]: Stopped Make remote CUPS printers available locally.
> systemd[1]: Unit cups-browsed.service entered failed state.
> systemd[1]: cups-browsed.service failed.

So this looks like cups-browsed doesn't handle Avahi disappearing as
gracefully as cupsd. That looks like the thing to fix.

Tim.
*/