Re: cups-filters 1.0.58 and ippusbxd

Hi Till,

Le jeudi, 21 août 2014, 00.15:59 Till Kamppeter a écrit :
> today I have released cups-filters 1.0.58 due to the completion of Joe
> Simon's GSoC project to add color management support to cups-filters.

Good, thanks. I've uploaded it to unstable right now.

> Note that cups-filters on Ubuntu is currently not in sync with Debian,
> as to get Daniel Dressler's GsoC project, ippusbxd (IPP-over-USB
> printer support) into Ubuntu before Utopic's Feature Freeze
> (tomorrow, Thursday) without NEW processes in both Debian and Ubuntu,
> I have added ippusbxd temporarily to cups-filters.

Thanks for the information. Note that adding a binary package in Debian
would push the package to binary-NEW anyway, and I suspect our FTP
Masters would not have accepted a new binary package made of an embedded
code copy.

That said, I'm quite surprised it's not an issue to circumvent feature
freezes that way…

> Please do not back-sync these changes.

As you might have noticed, I'm quite picky on embedded code copies; this
would not have happened anyway. :-)

> Please simply go on updating cups-filters with the newest upstream
> releases and let ippusbxd be a separate source package in Debian (name
> it ippusbxd for both the source and the binary package)

This will only happen once ippusbxd has proper versioning (aka tags).

Also, I would certainly not mind sponsoring an upload to Debian unstable
that you would have prepared though.

Cheers,
OdyX