Re: CUPS 1.7.2 released - As today is Final Freeze for Ubuntu 14.04 LTS I had to rush it in, how to proceed with GIT?

Hi Till,

Le jeudi, 10 avril 2014 20.48:52, vous avez écrit :
> I have rushed CUPS 1.7.2 into Ubuntu, so that it made it before
> today's Final Freeze for Ubuntu Trusty 14.04 LTS (to be released in
> one week from now).

Yep. I saw that cups 1.7.2 was released before your mail and was merging
the tarball already.

> Therefore I did not do anything with the Debian GIT as it had taken me
> too much time. Especially I also do not know how the branches master
> and master-ubuntu can be based on different source releases.

You guys at Ubuntu should prepare a merge of the Ubuntu patches (mostly
Upstart support) on the master-ubuntu for me to review (basically, merge
'master' into 'master-ubuntu', quilt refresh and check the diffs).

> I recommend you to wait for it to make it into Ubuntu in a few hours,
> download it from Launchpad and then use my _orig.tar.bz2 also for
> Debian, so that syncing of Debian and Ubuntu versions goes flawlessly
> after the Ubuntu 14.04 release. I will update the ubuntu-master branch
> as soon as you have switched master over to 1.7.2.

I've downloaded the cups_1.7.2.orig.tar.bz2 from launchpad and checked
that it was binary-identical with the tarball that I had downloaded
using uscan (including gpg verification) from upstream. I've pushed it
as upstream/1.7.2 as well as on the pristine-tar branches.

> Sorry for the inconvenience, but due to the tons of bug fixes in 1.7.2
> we had to get it in.

No problem, thanks.

Cheers,
OdyX