Re: Making the CUPS daemon startable on-demand

Le jeudi, 23 janvier 2014, 16.04:33 Till Kamppeter a écrit :
> On 01/23/2014 03:23 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > The answer to this question is currently debated in the following
> > technical committee question: http://bugs.debian.org/727708 which
> > isn't settled yet.
> >
> > Also, the question of the systemd support patch has been asked in
> > http://bugs.debian.org/732435 . I think both your question of a
> > multi- init's patch and the systemd patch questions should wait
> > before the resolution of #727708 …
>
> How long will it take until the decision is made? I want to have
> support for starting CUPS on-demand before the Feature Freeze of
> Ubuntu 14.04 on Feb 20, 2014. Or should I create an interim patch
> then?

That's the one-million-dollars question, but it's apparently leaning
towards an end… If you want something upstart-specific, then you should
probably start working on it rather earlier than later. As long as it
doesn't break the sysvinit compatibility, it could even be integrated in
Debian's package.

Cheers,
OdyX