Re: cups-filters 1.0.44 and binary package splitting for mobile

Le vendredi, 17 janvier 2014, 19.26:50 Till Kamppeter a écrit :
> For the debian/changelog I was also wondering why there were changes
> in "git log" which are not represented by the debian/changelog. I do
> not know how they got lost in my copy of the repo (or how they did
> not make it into it).

The point of generating the changelog with git-dch is that nothing gets
committed to debian/changelog until release time. Then, just before
releasing, one generates the debian/changelog using `git-dch --meta`,
then commits the debian/changelog only.

> For the name for the new binary packages I am also a little bit in
> doubt, -minimal is also not good as there is the smaller level-1
> configuration of no drivers/filters at all. The new packages are for a
> configuration with a minimum support for directly talking to
> printers.
>
> As filters for PDF, PostScript, PWG Raster, and PCL are also certain
> printer drivers perhaps we should say something like -basic-drivers?

-core-drivers ? AFAIK they are not -basic, but rather a selection of the
most important ones, hence -core.

Cheers,

OdyX