Re: package c2esp 18-4 Kodak esp5250 printer issues

Cia Watson wrote:

> Part of my issue with filing a bug report is which package to file the bug
> report against, but it looks like it's perhaps a cups issue? Maybe it's an
> xfce issue, since that's the DE I'm using, but I did try lxde and it does
> the same thing. I have spent so much time on this already that I didn't
> want to set up an account to file a bug report and try to figure out
> Debian's bugzilla system, and then spend a bunch of time doing more
> trouble-shooting.

Well, the "Debian bugzilla system" is email-based; what you need it a
working MTA and reportbug. You could try "reportbug --configure" and then
"reportbug c2esp". Then it's "only" a matter of answer mails to
${NUMBER}@bugs.debian.org .

> (…)
>
> And I then modified the previously installed printer to point to a revised
> driver, tried to print and got the same error as before that it failed. Do
> you want me to re-enable the sid repo and install the 18-4 driver? It
> seems a bit pointless but I can if you'd like...

I must confess I am completely lost in the middle of those install/re-
installs/un-installs of both source and binary versions of c2esp.

Could you make sure you have no c2esp "make install"ed from source and that
you have only packages from testing installed (currently: cups 1.4.8-2 /
c2esp 18-2 ). Then, if it still doesn't work, please report a bug against
c2esp, using the reportbug tool I mentionned above; this will make things
clearer; I hope.

Cheers,

OdyX