Re: Packaging pxljr

Le jeudi, 9 juin 2011 06.23:55, Henry velez a écrit :
> Hi Didier.
>
> I think it is ready. I rebuilt everything again and now i have the 3
> branches, the right identification and the output of "git tag" is
> debian/1.1-0ubuntu7- upstream/1.1, so i think that tags also are ready .
>
> Is it ok?
>
> Regards

"almost there" again. :-) The tags haven't appeared on the repository; you
need to push them all at once (git push --tags) or explicitely (git push
debian/1.1-0ubuntu7 upstream/1.1).

And what is the reason for your commit f02a4bd [0] ? This will create an
unnecessary difference between the original code and the debian'ized source.

Now, the next steps are

1) send an ITP bug (reportbug wnpp), that uses the information from
debian/control.
2) build the package in a clean chroot and make all needed changes towards the
Debian upload (the lintian output is a very good starter)
3) commit each change independently with a good commit message.

In the "obvious things" to enhance, I would see:
* conversion to 3.0 (quilt) source format
* conversion of the debian/rules to tiny dh7 style
* conditional installation of the Ubuntu-specific apport hook

Ready to start ?

Cheers,
--
OdyX