Re: Packaging pxljr [was: Junior packaging tasks within the Debian Printing Team]

2011/6/8 Didier Raboud <odyx@debian.org>
Le mercredi, 8 juin 2011 06.51:49, Henry velez a écrit :
> Thank you for your help.
> I rebuilt the git-repo and i got something like your example using the
> sources from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pxljr and i used
> git-import-dsc to generate the tree.
>
> let me know if it's ok or if i have to improve something in the repo.
>
> I am following the instructions of 2 sites:
> http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS/git#Uploading_a_package_to_the_repository
>  and http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/debian/git.html.
>
> pxljr git:
> https://github.com/abadon7/pxljr

Hi Henry,

"almost there". :-) Here are the remaining problems I could identify:

== Identification ==
$ git show | grep Author
Author: Henry <henry@localhost.localdomain>

You need to setup this correctly to ensure the traceability of your commits
back to you. This is done by (see man gittutorial):
          $ git config --global user.name "Your Name Comes Here"
          $ git config --global user.email you@yourdomain.example.com

(--global to configure that for all your repositories; remove it to configure
particular repositories).

== Branches ==

I can't see the other branches than "master" ("upstream" and "pristine-tar");
did you forget to push them ? (Same for the upstream/… and debian/… tags)

After fixing those two things, I think we'll be able to start working on
further issues.

Hi Didier.

I think it is ready. I rebuilt everything again and now i have the 3 branches, the right identification and the output of "git tag" is debian/1.1-0ubuntu7- upstream/1.1, so i think that tags also are ready .

Is it ok?

Regards

--
Henry Vélez