Re: foo2zjs packaging in git ?

Till Kamppeter wrote:

> On 05/25/2011 06:17 PM, Didier Raboud wrote:
>> First, are you willing to keep maintaining foo2zjs ? AFAIK, Luca did the
>> last uploads but wasn't very motivated in stayin maintainer. Michael had
>> his last commit to foo2zjs packaging in 2009, and Steffen back in 2007.
>> My intention is not at all to kick people out, but rather to have the
>> package reflect reality.
>>

> As I am maintaining foo2zjs for Ubuntu anyway, can my Ubuntu
> maintainership not be made use of to have up-to-date packages in Debian,
> simply by a Debian maintainer merging/syncing my Ubuntu packages into
> Debian

Or better; as I proposed you for the foomatic-* related packages: you could
handle the packaging directly in Debian (preferably in our packaging
repositories), with DDs only jumping in for reviewing and uploading. Then
Ubuntu would only need to do syncs regularly.

And git has its branches power, maintaing different stacks for different
distributions (that can happen to be in different states [freeze, …]) is
made really easy.

But as I told, I don't want to step on the current foo2zjs maintainers'
feet, so we'll see what they say. :->

Cheers,
--
OdyX