foo2zjs packaging in git ?

Hi dear foo2zjs maintainers,

as you certainly know, since its 20110210dfsg-1 version, foo2zjs has been put
under the "Debian Printing Team" umbrella, so I took closer look at it.

First, are you willing to keep maintaining foo2zjs ? AFAIK, Luca did the last
uploads but wasn't very motivated in stayin maintainer. Michael had his last
commit to foo2zjs packaging in 2009, and Steffen back in 2007.
My intention is not at all to kick people out, but rather to have the package
reflect reality.

Second, as I couldn't get used to the (IMHO weird) svn repository layout, I
took the initiative to creat a git clone of it, that makes use of the usual
git-buildpackage techniques (upstream code in "upstream" branch, "pristine-
tar" branch to recreate the original tarballs, "upstream" gets merged to
"master" where packaging is done).

This git repository currently lies in my ~/public_git on the writable alioth
(vaks). It should be clone'able by running the following command:

	git clone git+ssh://${login}@git.debian.org/~odyx/public_git/foo2zjs.git

I tried my best to place the upstream merges at the logical moments, to date
and attribute the tags correctly. Unfortunately, some parts of the history
have not been sequential and some tags couldn't be placed at all.

What do you think ? Shall we transition the foo2zjs packaging to Git ?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Cheers,

--
OdyX