Re: ghostscript: prints extra blank page

You can use the "cupsfilter" utility to run filter chains manually to find out which filter breaks things.

   Till

On 02/15/2011 12:44 AM, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
Hi Brian,

brian m. carlson wrote:

When I print a file with ghostscript 9, I always get a blank page
printed first.  Then my document prints normally.
[...]
The printer I am using is an Officejet 4500.  I also see this problem
with a Deskjet 5740.  Both of these printers use the hplip/hpijs
functionality, although one uses the full hplip (with the hp backend)
and the other uses just the ppds (with the usb backend); these printers
are on two different machines.  While this is not terrible, it is
inconvenient and quite irksome when I'm printing twenty copies of
something.

Cc-ing the hplip maintainers for ideas.

What would be most useful for debugging: do you know any way to
detect the blank page in the output (using gs -sOutputFile) without
using an actual printer?  With that information, it should be
possible to bisect using the upstream ghostscript repo[1].

Thanks for reporting,
Jonathan

[1] git://git.ghostscript.com/ghostscript.git