Re: ghostscript: prints extra blank page

Hi Brian,

brian m. carlson wrote:

> When I print a file with ghostscript 9, I always get a blank page
> printed first.  Then my document prints normally.
[...]
> The printer I am using is an Officejet 4500.  I also see this problem
> with a Deskjet 5740.  Both of these printers use the hplip/hpijs
> functionality, although one uses the full hplip (with the hp backend)
> and the other uses just the ppds (with the usb backend); these printers
> are on two different machines.  While this is not terrible, it is
> inconvenient and quite irksome when I'm printing twenty copies of
> something.

Cc-ing the hplip maintainers for ideas.

What would be most useful for debugging: do you know any way to
detect the blank page in the output (using gs -sOutputFile) without
using an actual printer?  With that information, it should be
possible to bisect using the upstream ghostscript repo[1].

Thanks for reporting,
Jonathan

[1] git://git.ghostscript.com/ghostscript.git