Re: Provide libijs packages as a binary package of Ghostscript?

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:58:35PM +0100, Till Kamppeter wrote:
On 01/25/2011 08:27 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
Another argument for keeping libijs separate:

I consider packaging GNU Ghostscript, which seem to have a slightly different development pace and thus might be interesting e.g. for security concerned users, and would also make the recent RC issue of ghostscript less dramatic, as there would be the option of ripping out one of the implementations temporarily, if multiple ones were available to choose from.

Yes, I know that this was tried in the past, and I have not yet decided to try it out again, just considering, so far...

Please do not remove GPL Ghostscript from Debian.

I guess you need only worry about me expressing myself clearly :-)

There is absolutely *no* plans or considerations about removing GPL Ghostscript from Debian!

What I consider is to readd an alternative Ghostscript fork. And one of the benefits of doing that was that Debian or a derivative then had the option to leave out GPL Ghostscript from a *release*. Not from the archive.

 - Jonas