RE: Printing to a Network HP printer

Roger Leigh [mailto:rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org]

Thank you for your prompt response.
I tried to print a test page with this setting:

CUPS access via http://debian:631/
	MANAGE PRINTERS
	Modify Printer:
	Name: 6127Black
	Location: Home
	Device: AppSocket/HP JetDirect
	Device URI: hp://192.168.1.78:9100
	Make: HP
	Model: Deskjet 6127 Foomatic/hpijs

The printer looked like this on http://debian:631/
	Location: Home
	Printer State: idle, accepting jobs
	Device URI: hp://192.168.1.78:9100

I get a test page sent message from CUPS.

The job shows up in the JOBS panel, it sets there until I cancel the job.

When I try printing from GEDIT, the Printer State changes to: Processing,
accepting jobs. The job shows up in the JOBS panel, but nothing prints.

I have these options listed in the Make Options: Raw, DYMO, EPSON, HP,
OKIDATA, Zebra.
I have these options listed in the Model Options:
HP Deskjet 6127 Foomatic/hpijs
HP Deskjet Series CUPS v1.1
HP Laserjet Series CUPS v1.1
HP New Deskjet Series CUPS v1.1

I have tried HP Make with all these Model combinations with your suggested
Device URI: hp://192.168.1.78:9100.
The problem appears to be in the Device: AppSocket/HP JetDirect or the
Device URI setting because I can reach the printer with the
socket://192.168.1.78:9100, Raw setting.

I will appreciate any new suggestions or questions.
Thank you

Joel Pickett
jpickett@valornet.com