Re: HP Deskjet 3930 won't print

Daryl <sofasurfer@blclinks.net> writes:

> I have a HP Deskjet 3930. I installed the HPLIP 1.6.6a driver. I have
> cups installed. I have done everything that I have been told. Most of
> my setup process is documented at...
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=7462

That's quite long, and it's not particularly clear.  Please could you
summarise exactly what you did, what happened, and what you are trying
to do.

Which Debian distribution are you using?

This printer is supported by hplip, which is available in both sarge
and unstable.  An updated version is also available from backports.org:
http://backports.org/package.php?search=hplip

So, if you are running stable, install hplip.  If this version is too
old, install the backported version.  If you are running testing or
unstable, install hplip.

If you need the latest 1.6.6 release, you will find it easiest to wait
until it is packaged for Debian, and backported to stable.  Otherwise,
you will need to build from source, which it looks like you might have
done already.  If you are having problems with this, you will need to
provide details of the problems.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh
   `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please sign and encrypt your mail.