Re: failure to print

Francesco Pietra <frapietra@alice.it> writes:

> francesco@debian:~$ lpstat -pc60
> lpstat: Unknown destination "c60"!

"c60" was just an example.  You should replace it with the name of
your print queue ("lpstat -a" shows them all).

> francesco@debian:~$ su
> Password:
> debian:/home/francesco# exit
> exit
> francesco@debian:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/cupsaccept c60
>
> We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System
> Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:
>
>     #1) Respect the privacy of others.
>     #2) Think before you type.
>     #3) With great power comes great responsibility.
>
> Password:
> Sorry, try again.

sudo isn't configured.  If you use su, that's fine.  Otherwise, add
something like

francesco ALL=NOPASSWD:  ALL

to /etc/sudoers (run visudo as root).

> debian:/home/francesco# /usr/sbin/cupsaccept c60
> accept: Operation failed: client-error-not-found

"c60" doesn't exist.  Try again with your print queue and see what
happens.

Regards,
Roger

--