Re: How to print a .ps file with Mozilla from the command line?

miguelinho@speedy.com.pe writes:

Hi,

> Need to create a .ps or .pdf file from an available url, just like Mozilla or
> Konqueror web browsers create them when I use the print option and select the
> Printer: PostScript/default (in mozilla),

> On the Printer Properties window of Mozilla I found this:
> Print command : lpr ${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+'-P'}${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME}
>
> so, seems like I have the name of the printer there, and need to look for the
> rigth parameters to try the command    lpr -? -? -?

It's just "lpr -P queuename".  If you want to print from a shell, I
can't see any way of doing that: the mozilla binary does not offer
command-line options to do that.

> I have also tryed the html2ps library, to print a .ps from a given URL, but the
> quality is extremely poor...
>
> please, give me some suggestion, ideas, pointers, or anything you have...

You might be better off asking the mozilla folks.  HTML is not a
common print format, since it's usually only for viewing.  There may
be some (undocumented or obscure) way of doing it they could suggest.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Regards,
Roger

--