Gutenprint 5.0.0-rc2 on mac os x

Hello,

I'm verry sorry to say, That I do not know anthing about unix then that my mac uses it.
And I have been stupid enough to buy an epson all- in on printer.
I was smart enough to get the gutenprint pack .01rc which made the printer atleast respond but let the paper just go through whitout printing. So then I tried to find the 0.2rc upgrade but it downloads as a .gz and opens as a tekst file of which I do not know what to do whit it.
I hope you wont be to bothered explaining me a few mised details....?

greetz,

Carelain from Amsterdam