Crowdfunding a small but important powerpc bugfix

Hi!

There is a regression in the GHC Haskell Compiler [1] that I have been
investigating for several days. While I have been able to identify the
commit that introduced the regression, I have not been able to fix
that issue since I don't have the necessary Haskell knowledge to be able
to work on GHC.

Since the broken GHC compiler currently blocks a lot of packages on 32-bit
PowerPC and the upstream developers don't seem to be too motivated at the
moment to fix the bug, I was wondering whether people here would be willing
to throw in some money to create a bounty on that particular bug to pay
a Haskell developer to fix it.

I have run such campaigns successfully in the past for GCC such as [2] and
[3] (links currently 404 for me), so I think that should work for GHC, too.

I don't think we need to collect a lot of money, a few hundred dollars should
probably be more than enough. We don't have to use Bountysource.com for what
is worth. Any other platform or donation system would be perfectly fine, too.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,
Adrian

--