Re: Installer doesn't find the mirrors

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
> I just don't know how to bless a bootloader located on a FAT partition.
> I know that xorriso does it and it works on ISO9660 filesystems, but I
> don't understand how.

xorriso attributes blessing to an alternative HFS+ tree of the ISO.
This HFS+ tree is advertised by an Apple Partition Map entry. The HFS+
related code was contributed by Vladimir Serbinenko for use by
grub-mkrescue. Intended audience are older x86 Macs.

Apple once defined own SUSP additions to ISO 9660:
  https://web.archive.org/web/20000519225244/http://developer.apple.com/technotes/fl/fl_36.html
No text snippet "bless" is to see there. I'm not experienced enough with
Apple to tell whether blessing is among the "HFS finder flags".

Whatever, this applies only to ISO 9660, not to FAT.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas