Re: Can't upgrade kernel or GRUB: /boot/grub is a read-only filesystem

I would suggest you run an fsck on the filesystem and see if there are any problems.

Filesystems may be considered "required" for the system to function and be mounted read-only when problems are detected, to prevent further problems from developing while allowing the system to run.

Bob