Re: Is a Raptor Blackbird (or other Power machine) a good general-purpose desktop?

On Thu, 2023-03-23 at 10:41 +0100, Linux User #330250 wrote:
> I also see BE disappearing from lots and lots of software. My assumption
> is that it simply isn't viable anymore, as most users and developers
> have moved on. Even IBM moved on, POWER now is LE. So, I guess, most
> developers don't want to spend their time fixing stuff for their one
> test machine and those five other guys who still run it on BE machines
> as a hobby...

Both Linux/s390x and AIX/PPC are still big-endian and will remain so for
the foreseeable future. IBM makes good money with these, so don't hold
your breath about big-endian going away.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer