Re: Boot fails

On 8/6/22 17:41, David VANTYGHEM wrote:
I've got 128 MB RAM, the standard RAM on this model.

That's probably not enough. When I got my iMac G3, it had 128 MBs in it, and Arch would not boot, same error. I never tried Debian back then, but after a RAM upgrade both Arch and Debian booted fine.

It would be interesting to add the new version of Memtest86+ in GRUB menu, so one could test the RAM at boot, like with some other distros (Linux Mint...).

https://www.memtest.org

That's only for x86(_64). I think there's a variant available for ARM, but none that I know of for PowerPC, especially not Big Endian PPC.

--
Ben Westover