Re: systemd being pulled in during dist-upgrade

Hi Stan, Rick,

spotted this by chance.

On 20.02.22 23:37, Stan Johnson wrote:
And now:
# dpkg --list | grep -w fwupd
ii  fwupd  1.7.5-3    powerpc    Firmware update daemon

So there must have been a change in fwupd somewhere between version
1.7.4-1 and 1.7.5-3 that causes it to now require systemd. Please let me
know where I should report the issue.

[1] lists two dependency changes with 1.7.4-2:

```
fwupd (1.7.4-2) unstable; urgency=medium

* Add hard dependencies on libfwupd2 and libfwupdplugin5 built with
    us. Symbols suggest things should work, but maybe not. :-(
    Closes: #1003664
```

[1]:
https://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs//main/f/fwupd/fwupd_1.7.5-3_changelog

And in case the output from aptitude helps (it no longer lists logrotate):

# aptitude why systemd
i   init         PreDepends systemd-sysv | sysvinit-core
i A systemd-sysv PreDepends systemd

# aptitude why systemd-sysv
i   init PreDepends systemd-sysv | sysvinit-core

Indeed, thanks Rick, that will be helpful in the future for me, too!

Cheers,
frank