Re: systemd being pulled in during dist-upgrade

On 2/20/22 10:39 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On 2/20/22 17:43, Stan Johnson wrote:
>> # aptitude why systemd
>> i   logrotate    Depends    cron | anacron | cron-daemon | systemd-sysv
>> i A systemd-sysv PreDepends systemd
>
> That's an or-condition, i.e. cron or anacron or cron-daemon or systemd-sysv,
> see also the debian/control file of the logrotate package [1].

I do have cron, anacron and cron-daemon installed, so the OR condition
should have been met. So perhaps a dependency is broken somewhere, but I
don't know how to determine where the problem is.

> FWIW, this discussion isn't specific to PowerPC, so it should be moved to
> debian-user or preferably, debian-devel.

I also use Debian SID on x86 and x64 systems. Only on PowerPC do I run
into the issue of "apt-get dist-upgrade" occasionally wanting to pull in
systemd, but I have no objection to moving the discussion to debian-user
or debian-devel (I didn't do that originally because I thought since
powerpc is not a supported architecture they would not be able to help).

> In any case, you should just make sure that either of the three cron packages
> is installed, then you can uninstall the systemd-sysv package again.

No, it appears to be more complicated than that.