Re: PowerMac7,3 DualG5 with [AMD/ATI] RV360 [Radeon 9600/X1050 Series] GPU not loading firmware...

Hello!

On 11/6/21 17:11, Ken Cunningham wrote:
> However, updating the grub.cfg to actually use it is a manual step that I didn’t
> know about/realize I would need to do, so after doing that:
>
> sudo /usr/sbin/grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
>
> The system now boots from the new, proper, image and all is well, the radeon driver is found and used:

This should happen automatically by update-grub which is called after update-initramfs.

Not sure why that didn't work for you, it always worked fine for me when I tested it.

> My apologies that people coming into this mailing list are probably often like me, perhaps
> not deeply versed in debian/linux as yet, and finding themselves having to do a bit more

No worries.

> than is needed compared to just booting Ubuntu onto an Intel system (which I have four of
> at present, for the past several years, and had to do almost nothing to get them to work).

It involves a bit more work because I'm effectively maintaining this port alone and ironing
out all these small issues takes quite a lot of time and effort. We're getting there.

> Your patience is much appreciated!

Thanks.

> That is now two PowerPC systems converted to debian, one 32bit, and this one 64bit.

Sounds good.

> I have several more to go!

Great.

Adrian