Re: Recipe for installing Debian on powerpc (G4, 32-bit) Mac?

Am Dienstag, dem 14.12.2021 um 17:12 -0800 schrieb Rick Thomas:
> What is the URL for the latest Debian installer iso for a powerpc
> (32-bit, G4) macintosh?
>
> Is there anything I need to do (e.g. manually add a few lines to
> sources.list after/during the install) other than the the normal
> installation process (i.e. same as I would use for an amd64 machine)?
>
> Is there anything in particular you would like me to report on after
> I'm done with the installation?
>
> Thanks for all your hard work!
>
> Rick

Hi Rick,

you may find the last snapshot of the PowerPC ports image here:
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2021-10-20/

As far as I know you should be able to just run and install it. See my
note over here on how to boot from an USB stick. I don't know if a G4
will be able to do that as well:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2021/01/msg00035.html

Otherwise just burn a CD.

If you encounter any issues just tell here. Adrian is doing all the
hard work of making the port work (thanks again!). It seems there is
not much manpower left for updating the documentation at the ports
site. I don't even know how this works in this Debian universe… (if
it's kinda straight forward I may try to update some information at
some point…)

Good luck and happy hacking
Johannes