Re: Raptor Talos boot issues with Debian image

Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> writes:

> Hi.  I'm having trouble booting the Debian netinst ISO images on a Talos
> II Lite mainboard.  It shows up in petitboot, but selecting 'Default
> install' results in the usual output 'SIGTERM received, booting...'
> (from petitboot?) output and then nothing happens.  Both Ubuntu 20.04
> and Fedora 34 images works fine.  Any ideas on how to debug this
> further?

Following up to myself: the issue was that the Debian netinst image only
output things to the serial port, and not to the VGA port that I used.
Both Ubuntu and Fedora output to VGA, so I was surprised to see
different behaviour with Debian.  Could Debian be made to output to both
serial and VGA by default?  Just an idea.

/Simon