Re: Updated installer images 2021-04-16

Well...  I'm not very good at letting well enough alone, so I tried installing again.  This time I used the "default install" and when it came to partitioning, I chose the LVM option.  This time, it complained that there was no partition for /boot (though when I poked around a bit, there _was_ an hfs partition for /boot/grub .)  It asked if I wanted to continue without /boot and I answered "yes".  It continued and installed grub using the /boot/grub partition and the /boot directory in the root LVM partition.

Then it rebooted.  I was fully expecting it to get hung up unable to find /boot partition and so be unable to get the initrd and kernel, but (lo and behold!) the new grub seems to be able to dig inside of an LVM and find what it needs!  ((-:  It continued with an error message (twice) about "can't open device" (I don't know which device it's talking about) and paused with "Press any key to continue".  While I was puzzling what to do, the pause timed out and it continued without my hitting any key.  And to my great surprise and glee, it booted and gave me a "login:" prompt!

So...
(0) Congratulations!
(1) Can we get rid of the seemingly unnecessary error message about not having a /boot partition?
(2) Are the messages necessary that complain about "can't open device" and "press any key to continue"?
(3) If not, can we get rid of them?

Big *thanks* for this!
Rick