Re: iMac G3 r128 - failed to load module "r128"

Hello Jeffrey!

On 2/27/21 1:37 PM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>> If anyone knows about some particular fixes that are required for the drivers - such
>> as for the eMac - it would be nice if we could assemble a list of these fixes so they
>> can be integrated into the Debian packages later. The fixes should, of course, get
>> upstreamed whereever possible.
>
> I hit this problem about two weeks ago after installing Debian 8.1 on
> a PowerMac G5: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/19722/debian-ppc-on-powermac-g5-boots-to-blank-screen.
>
> I did not try to troubleshoot it because I had no screen and no SSH.
> The machine was effectively unaccessible to me. If SSH would have
> worked out of the box, then I could have gotten in and tried some
> things.

SSH can be enabled from the installer by choosing the "SSH Server" option
in taskel during installation.

> Maybe one lesson to learn is, provide a working SSH after an
> installation. I don't recall if the installer had a step for enabling
> SSH.

It does.

> After the Debian 8.1 problem I tried to move on to your FEB 02 2021 build.

You won't be able to install on a PowerMac at the moment. I will have to fix
GRUB installation first which I will continue to work on next week during
my vacation.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz