Re: Workaround for installing Debian onto PowerMacs (2020-02-02 image)

> On Feb 9, 2021, at 8:37 AM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> After install the machine reboots automatically. We are not given an
>>> opportunity to stop the reboot.
>>> In fact, we are not even told a reboot
>>> is going to happen.
>>
>> That’s not true. The last screen does exactly that. It asks you whether you are ready to reboot.
>>
>>> Maybe the installer needs a step that confirms the
>>> reboot with a Yes/No prompt?
>>
>> It already does that.
>
> I'm probably being too pendactice from the UX point of view.
>
> (1) The last screen says a reboot is needed. The prompt is <Continue>
> or <Go Back>.
>
> (2) The last screen does not say a reboot will be performed, and does
> not offer a choice to not reboot.
>
> When I was faced with (1), I selected <Continue> thinking I could drop
> into a shell and perform the extra steps.
>
> (3) The last screen should say something like, "A reboot is required.
> Reboot Now? <Yes>  <No>".
>
> If the message and prompt is changed to (3), then the message will
> more closely follow the existing behavior. It will improve the UX
> experience.

Well, I‘m not concerned with this part of debian-installer which is maintained by multiple people.

If you would like to get that changed, the debian-boot mailing list is your friend.

I‘m not in charge with all of debian-installer.

Adrian