Re: Tool for blessing HFS+ filesystems required

Hello Adrian,

thank you for your work and your approach towards fixing this issue.

On 2 Feb 2021, at 16:41, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

On 2/2/21 4:24 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

In order to solve this issue, we have a couple of options:

- Use HFS instead of HFS+ and use the old hformat utility in grub-installer

On a sidenote: This variant has the huge advantage that the partioning tool in debian-installer takes care of setting up the HFS+ partition and making
sure nothing gets overwritten etc.

This is something that we would have to do manually in case we can't use
hfsprogs - unless we hack the hfsutils package.

I just joined this list, but for me everything seems to vote for this solution. All tools are already there and a blessed partition will provide a huge gain considering user experience.[1] I don’t see any advantage in using HFS+ for a 2MB partition that’s not used for anything else. Do you?

Thanks again
Johannes

[1] It also means you can choose that partition as boot partition from the preference pane of Mac OS X, doesn’t it?