Re: Package libnss3_3.60-1_ppc64.deb requires Power-7 hardware

Carsten Jacobi wrote...

> The reason is that in one makefile the compiler options "-mcrypto" and
> "-mvsx" were turned. Hence, there are Power-7 instructions now in
> libfreeblpriv3.so:

Ouch. That could also happen when the build system guesses some possible
additional compile options from the CPU the build runs on. Now I am
wondering whether tools like blhc could be used to detect such a
situation. I bet I wouldn't want to know the result of an archive-wide
build log check.

    Christoph