Fwd: [platform-testers] [bcl@redhat.com: parted-3.3.52 released [alpha]]

FYI... I believe parted one of the programs giving trouble.

Jeff

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Brian C. Lane <bcl@redhat.com>
Date: Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 8:58 PM
Subject: [platform-testers] [bcl@redhat.com: parted-3.3.52 released [alpha]]
To: <platform-testers@gnu.org>

I just found out about this list, sorry for the lateness of this
announcement. I'm hoping to do a new build this week sometime.

Brian

----- Forwarded message from "Brian C. Lane" <bcl@redhat.com> -----

Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 11:51:56 -0800
From: "Brian C. Lane" <bcl@redhat.com>
To: parted-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Subject: parted-3.3.52 released [alpha]

I've built a 3.3.52 alpha, this will become the stable 3.4 release in a
few weeks if nothing critical is found. I'll be on vacation for a bit, I
may not do this until mid-January.

Here are the compressed sources and a GPG detached signature[*]:
  http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/parted/parted-3.3.52.tar.xz
  http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/parted/parted-3.3.52.tar.xz.sig

Use a mirror for higher download bandwidth:
  https://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html

[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact.  First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball.  Then, run a command like this:

  gpg --verify parted-3.3.52.tar.xz.sig

If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:

  gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 117E8C168EFE3A7F

and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.

This release was bootstrapped with the following tools:
  Autoconf 2.69
  Automake 1.16.1
  Gettext 0.21
  Gnulib v0.1-4130-g8183682cc
  Gperf 3.1

NEWS

* Noteworthy changes in release 3.3.52 (2020-12-14) [alpha]

** New Features

  Add a new partition type flag, chromeos_kernel, for use with ChromeOS
  machines. This is a GPT-only flag and sets the type GUID to
  FE3A2A5D-4F32-41A7-B725-ACCC3285A309.

  Add a new partition flag for Linux Boot Loader Specification /boot
  partitions. The bls_boot flag will set the msdos partition type to 0xea
  and the GPT partition type GUID to bc13c2ff-59e6-4262-a352-b275fd6f7172.

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart