Re: Updated installer images 2020-12-02

On 12/29/20 6:54 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> I tried once again and edited partition manually: I created a separate /boot
> partition formatted ext3. The system installed and yaboot works just fine.

As expected. Current versions of Yaboot don't support modern ext4, ext2/3 work
fine though. Not sure whether the current upstream fork of Yaboot has made any
improvements in this regard [1].

> I have a very base system, but it boots fine - I'd say no strange problems with
> this machine. I'll try installing some stuff, including X11, sshd server, compilers
> etc.

Yes, there are no known issues on PowerPC/PPC64 at the moment except for the partman
issues during installation for powerpc systems as well as some missing graphics
drivers.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz