Re: kernel 5.9 no keyboard on PowerBook

Hi,

Stan Johnson wrote:
Adrian,
Yes, the 5.9.0 kernel works on my PB G4 12".  The built-in keyboard is
detected as ADB.  In a Google search, everything I was able to find
indicated that G4 PowerBooks use ADB for their built-in keyboards and
trackpads.

I can say that 5.7 kernels recognize the internal stuff on usb, as opposed to my iBook. There were different revisions of the PowerBooks.

I had a further strange test with 5.9 "not working" by pure change. I attached an Apple USB keyboard.. and it does not get recognized, but a generic "PC" keyboard works...

Also, good news, I updated today and again a 5.9 kernel was installed and updated, but it is  2020-11-27 and the keyboard works again!
(Interestingly, the external  apple keyboard still doesn't work).

I notice that on the USB keyboard the "caps lock" led doesn't light up when in console, but on my iBook it works (where it has ADB).
Under X11 instead the led then lights up!

Riccardo