Re: Installation media couldn't be mounted

Hi Thomas!

On 10/20/20 3:07 PM, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Rufus' "dd" mode is known to be suitable.
> The displayed size of /dev/sdb1 matches what i would expect from a correct
> plain copy.
> So i think this part succeeded.

That might be the case. But I cannot provide support for that at the moment.

If someone wants to deviate from the tested standard way, they're on their own.

>   https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2019-07-03/debian-10.0-powerpc-NETINST-1.iso
> was made by genisoimage with the old layout:
> - CHRP partition in MBR (size 363810 KiB) starting at LBA 0,
> - a single Apple partition (size 363802 KiB) with HFS (not HFS+),
> - APM block size is 512 (i.e. the HFS might be mountable by Linux).
>
> Can the installed system mount the 10.0.0 ISO from USB stick partition 1 ?

I know that the ISO images work fine when burnt to CD. I also think there were reports
from users who copied the images onto USB drives with "dd", but I'm not sure.

I've personally not really tested USB booting and installation on PowerMacs.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz