Re: Installation media couldn't be mounted

Hi,

Sam Imberman wrote:
> I burnt the image using Rufus on Windows,

Rufus' "dd" mode is known to be suitable.
The displayed size of /dev/sdb1 matches what i would expect from a correct
plain copy.
So i think this part succeeded.

> For the moment I've managed to 'solve' the problem by using the snapshot
> from 2019-07-03, which seems to work.

  https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2019-07-03/debian-10.0-powerpc-NETINST-1.iso
was made by genisoimage with the old layout:
- CHRP partition in MBR (size 363810 KiB) starting at LBA 0,
- a single Apple partition (size 363802 KiB) with HFS (not HFS+),
- APM block size is 512 (i.e. the HFS might be mountable by Linux).

Can the installed system mount the 10.0.0 ISO from USB stick partition 1 ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas