Re: [RFC] Remove AGP support from Radeon/Nouveau/TTM

On Wed, 13 May 2020 at 08:19, Daniel Vetter <daniel@ffwll.ch> wrote:

> i915 is even worse, we manually mess around with clflush. In
> userspace. So really there's 2 axis for dma memory: coherent vs.
> non-coherent (which is something the dma-api somewhat exposed), i.e.
> do you need to clflush or not, and cached vs uncached, i.e. are the
> PAT entries wc or wb.

So, the PowerPC AGP GART ends up being cached and non-coherent, right
(assuming there's no way to set the page attributes MTRR/PAT-style)?
Would something like a fixed memory carve-out help in these cases
(like CMA, but not allowing the CPU to access the reserved area)? Not
that I expect something like that to ever be implemented, of course,
just curious to understand the requirements.