Re: debian netinst 2020-04-18 claims No space left on device

On 4/19/20 10:29 AM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
>> Ok, there isn't a hfs-progs-udeb. We just need to create it, then partman
>> should be able to use it.
>>
>> I would prefer that method but first we need to fix the hfsprogs package
>> which hasn't been touched for a long time.
>
> Ok, I'll close my PR then.

I will create a patched version of partman-auto for testing purposes for
GRUB.

If everything works, we can start working on cleaning everything.

In the end, we need to do the following:

 - Your changes to grub-installer, minus the bootstrap script
 - Update hfsprogs and enable a udeb package, similar to e2fsprogs
 - Update powerpc-utils to the latest upstream version, include
   my patches - I'm already working on that
 - Update the partition scheme in partman-auto for PowerPC NewWorld
   with the following suggested scheme:

   128 128 128 hfs
   $bootable{ }
   method{ format }
   format{ }
   use_filesystem{ }
   filesystem{ hfs }
   mountpoint{ /boot/grub } .

I have no idea how well that works though. In particular, I haven't verified
yet whether we would still need anything from partman-newworld, most likely
something that creates the 32 kb boot header.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz