PowerBook / iBook sleep

Hi,

what is the best way to control "sleep" on our beloved old mac laptops?

E.g. often I want to avoid it, to be able to close the laptop lid and work "remotely" through telnet/ssh.

Back in the time, I just inhibited a PMU service and it stopped doing it.

Now could it still be done?

I tried to follow https://wiki.debian.org/Suspend and did:

sudo systemctl mask sleep.target suspend.target

But... now if I close the lid the CPU goes up to 100 with systemd (how much I hate it!)

oh, side note, for me sleep doesn't resume. I close the lid, reopen it and have a dark screen, without even X, still in "console".

Riccardo