Guided partitioning for the whole disk was used which gave the following
partition table:

SCSI4 (0,0,0) (sdc) - 163.9 GB ATA Maxtor 6L160M0
#1     32.3 kB                    Apple
#2     20.0 MB  B  K  boot        untitled
#3    160.4 GB     f  ext4        untitled      /
#4      3.6 GB     f  swap        swap          swap
       512.0 B        FREE SPACE

After changing the permissions of mkhfs-bootstrap.sh GRUB was properly
installed. During GRUB's installation I was asked by the installer:
"Force GRUB installation to the EFI removable media path?"
I was unsure about what to reply and I kept the default "NO".

Installation was correctly finished and after reboot I had grub showing up.
Newly installed system was booted but not correctly.
Systemd waited a while for "a start job is running for /dev/sdc2" (the
partition where GRUB was installed).
Then I saw:
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for File System Check on /dev/sdc2.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for /boot/grub.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File Syestem.

After that I find myself in an "emergency mode" with a "Give root
password for maintenance" message.

I wanted to see my partitions, but it seems that the "mac-fdisk" command
is not installed.
I installed it by apt and saw that the partition table was as expected.
Then I installed "hfsutils" package and rebooted.

After reboot I had the same issues.

In conclusion, it seems that it is possible to install GRUB with the new
scripts, but something is still missing for actually using it.

Regards
A.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2019/04/msg00094.html