Re: baffled .. the 2019-01-27 debian-10.0-ppc64-NETINST-1.iso not bootable

On 4/6/19 9:31 PM, Frank Scheiner wrote:
Frank could you please test the image yourself and report back?

Sure, I'll give it a try as soon as I find the time.

I would test it myself but I still haven't got the PowerPC machine back
online that broke down at IBM.

Don't worry, I maybe chose the wrong words but wanted to say: "I'm on it
asap."

I need test hardware available online with
a hypervisor so I can just boot ISO images if I am supposed to debug these
issues otherwise I have to give up on all this.

And I cannot host everything myself and maintain all these machines myself,
there are already over 20 machines that I am hosting and maintaining, this
is getting too much.

Wow, that's really a lot. Again, don't worry and don't mind, just let us
do the testing.

And now the console broke on sparc64, too (#926539), so there is even more
frustration.

Yeah, saw that on the other list. The odds seem to be always against us.

But hey, this surely can be fixed and maybe in the future someone won't
make that error again - at least that's my hope, because killing the
console on SPARC hardware is no fun! >:-(

It's stopping to be fun. I spent more than half a day building those images
and finding and fixing bugs in the ia64 code.

Don't give up, we can't solve all problems on one day. And your ia64
fixes are much welcome.

Much obliged for all your efforts.

Cheers,
Frank