Re: baffled .. the 2019-01-27 debian-10.0-ppc64-NETINST-1.iso not bootable

On 4/6/19 2:44 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
> It’s *possible* that the DVD drive in the dual-socket machine is not able to boot from DVD-RW.  (I have seen this before occasionally)
>
> Try burning to a DVD-R

Oh that is just wild. Just an off the wall wild idea.

Thank you for that as I was really beginning to suspect hardware.

I have a pile of DVD+RW dual Layer media and maybe .. maybe somewhere a
DVD-R kicking around. Really .. who uses this stuff anymore ever since
the USB thumbdrive thing was invented?

However booting the to the USB port on a PowerMac G5 sounds like
adventures in firmware land.  More easy to just burn the DVD-R.

OKay .. will do and will report back!

Dennis